Friday, March 11, 2011

Drum Roll Please.....

We have FINALLY figured out what's going on with my husband.  Lydia's RSV is under control (I should say, it's *been* under control, considering she's never acted like anything's wrong!).  Anyhow, when I took Tyler to the doctor on Tuesday, the doctor put in an order for a Z-pack medicine that we could pick up Thursday/Friday if he just wasn't feeling better.  He wasn't.  So yesterday (Thursday), I picked it up and he took the dosage of it yesterday at 2:30.  By 8:00 last night, he was having such stomach pain and was just generally uncomfortable, so I took him to the ER in our town.  They found nothing, still, to be wrong with him. Said it was still viral, still nothing to be done. Still, still, still. 

Today, his fever was up and down up and down again.  I told him I thought we needed to get him looked at again, but this time in Watertown (where we both grew up).  So, I called the office, they had an opening at 3:45, I packed an overnight bag for us each (just in case!), loaded the dog up, and away we went.  The doctor quickly found that Tyler has a severe case of pneumonia. So severe that he's been hospitalized.  Good thing our parents all live in Watertown! Lydia and I are at my parent's house.

When we were driving, the wind was blowing about 9000 miles per hour.  I went into the clinic with no coat on.  When I came out of the hospital after Tyler's admission (the hospital is attached to the clinic), it was raining and then snowing lightly by the time I got in my car.  By the time I got to my parent's house about 6 blocks later, it was SNOWING snowing.  This was at about 5:15. My dad and brother left to go to a Boy Scout camp at 5:45.  They made it 20 miles south of town and had to turn around and come back.  The 14 miles took them 1 1/2 hours.  I drove across town to buy diapers and I couldn't even see the car 10 feet in front of me.

Good thing we brought the dog and our clothes along... the interstate is now closed to get home! Hopefully tomorrow's a little less eventful than the days in the past week... maybe?


No comments:

Post a Comment