Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sweet Summah-time!

So.  One week down.  I've been on summer vacation for exactly one week today.  This week has gone SO fast! I'm afraid I'll blink and it will be August and we'll be back in school.  EEEKKK! I'm NOT ready!  I love my job.  I love the kids.  I love teaching English and Literature. Bbbuuuuuuutttttt... I LOVE summer too!  I call myself "Summer Girl" so much that my husband calls me that too!

Lydia has gone to daycare each day since Monday this week.  At first I felt guilty about taking her while I was sitting at home doing.... well....whatever I feel like.  I got over the guilt fast!  I needed a little Mommy Vaca and I DO have flex account money that has to be spent... so to daycare she goes! 

So far this week, I've expanded my garden, read, watched TV, done a few craft projects, picked up the house, watered flowers, had lunch with a dear friend, and basically whatever else I've felt "moved" to do! Haha!  I've had a great time so far and could get used to this "Summer Girl" business! 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melissa! You're the winner of my Free Book Friday!

    http://justmejuliejulie.blogspot.com/2011/05/free-book-friday-lost-mother-by-mary.html

    I sent you an email, can you send me your address and I'll get it out to you?

    ReplyDelete